Sunday, February 20, 2022

Ideas

 After brainstorming many many ideas I've come up with an idea. A shoutout to Mel for helping me out! From the beginning I've known I wanted to do something realistic and that I can relate to. I'm really leaning towards this idea of having a dog's perspective with dealing with the kid in the house leaving for college. I think this is something very common that people go through, and myself included, has been thinking about this for a long time. I'm going to leave home in a few months and I'm dreading having to leave my dog home and leaving the house that I've known for the past seven years of my life. The only thing is I hope this isn't a very overused idea because I feel like this might be common, but I want it to be original. 

If I go through with this idea, I was imagining doing pov shots from the dog's perspective and shift throughout the short film to shots of the teenager seeing the dog and what she is going through. I absolutely love Disney and Pixar short films, they always have a deep message behind them that many can relate to them. I think they always accomplish what their goal is, so I definitely watched them to get my ideas flowing and taking inspiration. Here are some of my favorites:

 

While all of these short films are animation and that is not the route I am going for, each one has a message for the audience. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...