Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Class Discussions

 Today I had my second group meeting in class, where my AICE Media AS teacher put us randomly in groups. The last time we had group discussions it was extremely helpful because we were all still creating our ideas and just sharing our though with each other. This time I thought it was a little different, mainly because now we all know exactly what we want to do and are set on a specific storyline. Regardless, both were very helpful and provided me with new ideas. 

We took turns talking about our projects and showing each other images, our blogs, and various other aspects of our film openings. It was great to see their projects and ideas because I thought they were creative and different from what I had seen before. There were five of us in the group and each one of us had a different genre or theme we were going for which made hearing their ideas even more exciting. I find group meetings beneficent because you get inspiration from others and you are able to improve your own project. 

I posted my blog link in the chat, so they could see my thought process and how much progress my group had gotten done. I'm not sure if they were able to read the entire blog because of time, but they got the main idea and some of them had heard about my project from the previous class meeting. They seemed to like the idea we had and how we were going to bring our project to life. Ryan mentioned the locations I put in my blog and how we were going to film it, which was a good point. Since they aren't final, we are still adjusting our story and storyboard to fit the film opening. This was another point  I brought up because my group had been struggling on figuring out if we were gonna be able to fit all of our ideas and our entire storyboard into the time limit of two minutes. I asked them how they were dealing with this issue and Ryan gave me helpful advice. She mentioned filming scenes that don't make an important effect on the overall opening, so in case we go over the time limit we can cut those out. There are a few scenes in our film opening that we love but think are not critical to the story, so we might cut them out or shorten them to fit the time frame such as the shot of the characters talking in the car and instead of filming two characters getting ready, we will just film one to save time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...