Sunday, March 7, 2021

Creating Fake Blood

 Hello! I just wanted to first give an update on how our project is going and what we have coming up in the next few weeks. Lorena and I are continuing and finishing the storyboard for the film opening. I'm so excited to see how the final product is going to look like because the last time we worked together, we had a great vision of how we wanted the overall project to be. Thiago is starting the script for the film opening soon, and I know it will be great! We are still trying to find people that are willing to work on our project and be the main characters in our story, so in regards to representation, we have still not decided completely on how it is going to be. 

I've been doing some research on a prop that is extremely important in our opening and that it will be incorporated in various scenes, and that happens to be blood, well fake blood at least. It is going to be shown in different shots and surfaces, so I believe the substance has to be different depending on where we are going to place it, and the color is also something we have to think about when creating it (can you tell I've never done this before?). Different websites suggest different ways to make them, and so far we have not decided on who is in charge of specific props, we have just been suggesting different things we can bring on the shoot dates. I found the recipe below easy and quick to make, also the reviews were great, which I always look at and think is important when buying or creating from something you see online. 

  • 3/4 cup corn syrup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
  • 5 drops blue food coloring
  • 2 drops green food coloring
  • 1 tablespoon corn starch

The video below I also found to be helpful, and they use somewhat different ingredients than the other recipes I read about. The consistency looks great, and it seems quick and easy to make. It all depends on the ingredients we have available and which one we think will look best on camera. I still haven't decided but it will probably be between these two recipes. 





https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/fake-blood-51199810 

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/how-to/a35075/how-to-make-fake-blood/

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...