Friday, March 11, 2022

Advertising Postcards Research

While I am almost done with my storyboard I needed to take breaks because I can't do everything at once so I decided to do some research on one of the components for my portfolio project. The advertising postcard is extremely important in promoting and giving the audience a first look at your short film. Before starting any research the first app that came to mind that I would be using was Canva. I am familiar with Canva since I have used it several times in the past for various projects, but I wanted to do more research and see if there are any better options. 

First I did some research on postcards themselves to be more familiar with them and see why people use them exactly. They are vital because they give the audience the first look into what the story is about. You need to grab people's attention with it and make them intrigued, while also designing it to be an embodiment of what your short film represents. The design has to be easy to look at and understand what you are seeing so the image chosen matters profoundly because everything else kind of revolves around it and the image has to be a representation of what it is about. 


 Based on the research I did, some important information to include on a postcard is:

- Title

- Nomination and selection 

- Director/Producer/Actors name(s)

- URL of the films website (in my case I will probably include the social media page URL)




https://www.slideshare.net/RichieBatey/film-festival-postcard-research-121446703

https://www.unifiedmanufacturing.com/blog/film-postcards-festival/

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...