Thursday, March 10, 2022

Screenplay Software

I mentioned in a previous post while I was doing research on drama that one of the websites provided a link to a free screenwriting software and it provided a picture with an example of what it looks like. It is a great tool with many resources and options available. When I first created my account and selected to start a new project, it gave me various optional features that were included. This is great to help me keep organized and give me more tools to incorporate into my process while keeping everything in one place. I was pleasantly surprised with how many options they give you no matter what you are doing, such as when I was creating the script it asks you if you want it to be a screenplay or freeform document. 

While I was in the process of creating a file for my portfolio project, I was reminded that I have to come up with a title for it. I've been labeling everything "Portfolio Project" that I even forgot to give it an official name. I really need to get into the habit of writing everything that comes to mind down, I remember that for some time I had a name in mind that would fit this short film and I was somewhat set on this title, but it has escaped my mind and I can't seem to remember it. 



I did read an article from studio binder with other screenwriting software that was also free in case I did not like theirs. They provided detailed descriptions of these other options such as Final Draft 10, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Writer Duet, Highland Software, etc. 

https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/screenwriting-software/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...