Thursday, March 3, 2022

New Story Outline

 As I'm coming up on my last three months of high school I've found myself extremely anxious for the future. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to meet new people and move to a different place but it is very bittersweet leaving your hometown. I keep complaining that I cannot wait to move out and that I'm just getting tired of things here, and everything being repetitive. Well, while I was sitting in my car at my school parking lot, I was feeling extremely nostalgic and appreciative of my school and my routine.  This inspired me to create a new story for my short film.

My story follows a young adult dealing with the uncertainty of the future and feeling like she is running out of time, this causes her to only look at the negative things that are happening to her throughout her day. At the end of the day as the protagonist is going to bed and she closes her eyes. Flashback scenes to mundane but happy moments of her day appear, contrasting to all the bad stuff that happened to her during her "bad" day. This focuses on the aspect that there is happiness in "normal" moments and she is able to see that even though her life is is difficult right now, she is going to miss it when it is gone. I created a mood board to have my ideas in place and have a general outlook of what I am envisioning. I'm hoping to compare it to the final product and see how what goes on in my mind translates into film and social media. 

The struggles of growing up and feeling like you are running out of time, and not appreciating the present enough 




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...