Sunday, March 6, 2022

Target Audience

 One of the most important aspects of any part of media or filmmaking is the target audience. I learned that if you know who you target your brand or product to, you can focus better on how you can improve and market whatever it is you want to. For my short film, the target audience is mainly young adults ages 14-early 20s because the plot of the story follows a young adult graduating and feeling lost and anxious about what the future holds. While I believe that is my main target audience, there are other aspects and themes to my story that applies to any living person struggling with changes and uncertainty. 

Looking at the aspect of the genre, young adults will also be the target audience for coming-of-age films and teenagers around the age of 12 to 18. They can relate to this genre better since most of them are currently in this stage of growing up into adulthood. Everyone can reflect on their own experiences based on the message and experiences the characters go through. With it being a drama short film too, a broader audience can also be appealed to it. Drama films vary on the target audience because it is a very broad genre and it usually depends on the sub-genre of the film such as if it is a period drama, romantic drama, fantasy drama, etc. This will attract an older group of people of any gender because of the broad group. Still, the main target audience will be teenagers and young adults. 

Since young adults are mainly going to be interested in my short film, this will benefit me in the long run when I make the social media page because that is the main age group for social media usage. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/471370/us-adults-who-use-social-networks-age/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...