Friday, February 26, 2021

Exchanging Ideas

 Today I was grouped with four other people from my class for us to share ideas and help each other with anything we might be hesitant on!  We discussed various topics about our project and turns out we are all going for the same vibe and mood for the film opening. They all have something to do with horror and suspense, which made having a conversation and helping each other out even better! 

We all gave input on each other's projects and ideas, and they had some greats ones! It was great to see we all had similar research and looked up almost all of the same films. They recommended some videos and films to research that they believed would help in creating a better film and using for reference. I have yet to watch them but some films they recommended were Joker (2019), Prisoners (2013), Criminal Minds (2005-2020), and some more. There is a channel that someone from my group recommended and they go over specific scenes from films and the directors break down the scene shot by shot. They explain why they chose that specific angle, lighting, etc., and what their purpose is in the film. Below is one of the examples they recommended!


They brought up a topic that I hadn't thought about so I did some research on it, and that was what editing software to use for the project. In the past, I have used Adobe Premiere, but I have to admit it was really complicated for me to use and there are still some things about it that I don't understand. The project that I worked on did not turn out so bad though, so that is a plus! The people in the group mentioned they have worked with Adobe Premiere and iMovie on their previous projects, and Nicole mentioned After Effects. I have heard of After Effects but I have never tried using it, maybe I'll try downloading it and experimenting with it. 

They agreed with me that a voice-over would be extremely cheesy so that is definitely out of the list of ideas! Brett advised us that if we were to do a rewound shot, not to do one of those typical scenes where the entire film plays out really quickly until it stops at the scene we want to, because it would also be kind of cheesy. And he is completely right about that! We are trying to make it as original and real as possible without giving too much away, so for the rest of the week I will be researching more and watching the films and videos they recommend me to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...