Sunday, February 14, 2021

More and More Research...

 The past couple of days I have been thinking about different film openings from different genres that really captivated my attention. Also, keeping in mind the lesson I just learned in class and watched different film openings that were recommended by my AICE Media teacher. 

I recently watched the horror film A Quiet Place that was released in 2018, and it kept me intrigued and wanting to find out more about what exactly was happening in their environment. The plot revolves around a family with three children that are trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world where they are not allowed to make noises because the place is inhabited with an acute sense of hearing. With the sequel that was originally supposed to come out in 2020, the film has gotten great reviews and good audience recommendations. The reliance on the sound and the incorporation of the emotions and expressions made me anxious and stressed just from the opening scenes. 





One of the most popular genres is romance because most times there is that happy ending, and who doesn't like that? Most romance films remain some of the people's favorite films years after it is released and they somehow stay a classic. One of these being The Notebook that came out in 2004. That was the year that I was born in and still to this day, people are always talking about it and it is constantly being watched by younger generations. It has that storytelling element that many like, and not to mention the surprise storyline aspects of it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...