Friday, February 12, 2021

Starting The Process

 Today is the day I start working on my final project. It already seems overwhelming and stressful, but hopefully, with these blog posts, I will be more organized with the entire process. Starting a film opening from scratch and coming up with a brand new story brings up a lot of questions and creativity space. To tackle this project, I've decided to work with two other group members, who I have previously worked with, and we found out that we work extremely well together. We have yet to discuss the specific genre and details about the film opening, but for now, we are each going to do some research on film genres and decided the best one to choose from. 

At the beginning of the school year, I did some research on science fiction films. I found out about specific techniques used in these films, what makes them science fiction films, and elements that help them succeed in theaters. Although I loved the research I did and the information I gathered, being a student with a really low budget and having to be realistic when creating a film opening, I'm not exactly sure this is the best option to choose from. This is a hard choice to make, especially since science fiction films are some of my favorites. I am still keeping it into consideration, but I'm definitely going to conduct more research into other genres and hopefully find one that I believe we will best succeed in. 

Since it is a long-term project, I am keeping in mind all the other factors that we have to incorporate into the project. Creating a film that incorporates different elements that many people will find interesting is a goal of mine because I believe the best films are the ones that are able to invoke several emotions and feelings from the audience. Including a bit of everything sounds challenging, but in the end, focusing on the overall genre that it would be marketed as is the main goal. I am definitely going to research other genres such as horror, romance, coming of age films, comedy, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bittersweet Moment

I'm finally done with my portfolio project! It has been a long and stressful journey, but also extremely rewarding. You can access them ...